Friday, May 8, 2009

Rain Storm

Nothing much happening these days. We are both still looking for steady jobs and I am dealing with the frustration a little better.

Since there is not much happening I thought I would write about a rain storm we had not too long ago. While I was doing something in the living room Johanna called me into the kitchen and said "Look, it is raining." I was very excited because it never rains in Lima. When I looked out of the window this is what I saw.


That is the roof and those little spots are "rain" drops. I looked at her and back at the "rain" and she said that is as good as it is going to get. We ended up having to walk to her parent's house in this torrential down pour and we finally made it but honestly I do not know how. You could barely see the cars coming down the road 3 miles away. It was a crazy time and I am glad the "storm" has passed. A little bit of information, Lima only gets about 20 mm (0.8 inches) of rain every year. I can understand now why people get so excited when ever ANYTHING falls out of the sky.

4 comments:

  1. ha,ha,ha..you just us make us laugh;such a sense of humor on these days.Good luck guys. We miss you a bunch!!and be careful with the storms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it thunder? I bet storms here scare Johanna to death (they scare me too). Take care(get some umbrellas).
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! This cracked me up. I'll pack up the ponchos and send them your way ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Central FL could bottle up some of there rain and send it to you..Eustis got over 20+ inches over the last couple of weeks..Uncle Ted has started building an ark!!

    ReplyDelete

track web site traffic