Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Vacation is Over






Well the vacation is over, I got a job. I went to interview for a teaching job in an institute and I got hired the same day. I started today with training and with that came my first outing by myself. I took a bus from the house to my new job with no problem and I was very proud of myself. Those of you who know the transportation system in Lima know that taking a bus (the right one) can be a little tricky and not so comfortable sometimes. But I persevered and was able to get to work on time and not get lost. My training is for 3 days (9am to 12pm) and I have to sit in on a couple of classes to observe. After that they turn me loose to teach English to business men and women in the area. They are only going to allow me to work part time so I am also going to teach private lessons. There are 7 of us in this training class and we are from all over the world. There is one American, Canadian, Irish, Italian and 3 Peruvians. It is kind of nice to meet some people that speak English and understand what I say (Johanna does not get me sometimes).
We also celebrated Sra. Sonia's birthday yesterday. Nothing too big but there was a lot of cake and laughter. Her mother, brother and sister all came over and we sat around and talked while trying to eat two cakes. That is Tio Coco in the grey shirt with no head, the pictures of him are on another camera. It was a great time.

5 comments:

  1. I'm more impressed about the bus ride than the job. I would still be wringing my hands trying to figure out what bus to get on. I also take it that you got home okay since you posted this in the same day. :)
    Happy Birthday Sonia...and many many more!!!!
    Mom/Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You guys have been busy...congrats on the JOB! I guess you kind of stick out down there, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Good, Guillermo...I'm with your mom..in a big city, knowing where to get on and where to get off...SCARY!!! Congratulations on getting the job so quickly. We love you both!!
    Tio Dean and Tia Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a Job !!! Good Job. Now all you have to do is keep from getting BUSted. Good Luck. Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy bien hermano.

    Feliz cupleanos Senora Sonia!

    ReplyDelete

track web site traffic